Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Year of Years...

My life has changed more in 2006 than in any other year in my life. I got a new job that took me to the other side of the world and to over 5 countries and counting. Also, I graduated college. And most importantly, I have married the most amazing girl in my life.

Due to such high volume of activity in such a short time, I am going to have to do play catch-up on my posts. So grab a cup of hot coco and sit back. There is a lot that happened and oh so much to say.

Over the past six months, Anna and I have been separated while she continued to go to school and I worked about 3,000 miles away. The long distance was tuff, but it only served to strengthen our love.

I made plans to go to Hawaii for my first vacation leave in December. Her mom is also going to be there, so now, I will be going to meet her family as well. Then we decided that this would make the only time that we could get our parents to meet, so we booked flights to Arizona. So then we thought that since this will be the only we have both families together and now it’s become a wedding!

So, I am no officially publicly announcing the plans for my marriage to Anna Ngoc Nguyen. I am in my office in Guam, waiting for my ride to take me to the airport. I will be flying to meet Anna and her mom in Hawaii and will be arriving the morning before her graduation. For the first night I will be sleeping in my rental car on campus, so I’m getting a hatchback.

Since Anna’s mom does not speak a lick of English and my Vietnamese is limited to the 6 words Anna has taught me this promised to be interesting. And when we get my parents in on the action I think it will be like some sort of sick hybrid of the movies “Meet the Parents” and “Lost in Translation” only with the uncanny awkwardness of “Edward Scissorhands”.

Never fear, you will be informed...

1 comment:

Rossie said...

That's so wonderful! Congratulations to you both :) (You have a complete stranger squeeing and grinning like a girlie idiot now, so hurrah for you) I wish you guys all the happiness in the world :)

Squee!