Saturday, July 05, 2008

Cat Scratch Fever...

I grew up with cats. I love them. My wife won’t let me have a pet; any pet. And even if she would allow it, cats would still be banned. This made my trip to play with some very large cats even more special. A new tourist trap opened up months ago in Chiang Mai where we will be staying for the next three days. For a few dollars you get to play with tigers.

We first watched the adult tigers playing in the central courtyard. It looked like fun.

Playing in the pool

Playing in the pool.


Prowl

I am glad for that fence, this guy looked menacing.


Got the tiger by the tail.

My dad literally has the tiger by the tail.



Next we had 20 minutes to play with baby tiger cubs. This of course was the highlight. At first out tigers were tired and couldn’t be bothered. But some persistence and poking paid off. Before we knew it, one got so riled up the left a tooth mark in a member of our party. Good times.

Sleeping
Dad
Leaf

This leaf was the thing that this cat was finally willing to wake up and play with. It's like how kids get expensive Christmas gifts and play with the box.

No comments: