Sunday, July 06, 2008

N 18 deg 46.330
E 98 deg 58.797


Our last night in Chiang Mai we went to see a cultural dance show with dinner. We actually got bumped at first. Our driver called them up and explained that my brother is a big wig at the embassy and we got put back on the list. My brother isn’t exactly some VIP, but we weren’t about to say otherwise.
The one surprise was that there were no chairs. Floor room only. At least they had back rests.

Floor

...and the floor isn't as clean as you'd hope...



My dad eventually gave up and cheated. Wish I'd thought of that...



The food was excellent. I’ve always liked Thai food. Well, at least the stuff I’ve had in the states. Now I can say I’ve had plenty of authentic Thai food in Thailand and yes, I really do like it.

Food

Spicy and delicious Thai food. No disappointments here.



Most of the music sounds like someone is beating a baby with a cat. However, it’s fun and the dancing reminded me of Culture Night at Brigham Young University – Hawaii.

Dancing

The show ended and we were beat. We went back to the hotel and dropped dead. Early morning tomorrow we drive to Chiang Rai. I’ll use that long ride to catch up on my notes and organize my pictures. I am never traveling without a laptop again.

No comments: