Monday, July 07, 2008

Temples, Temples and More Temples...

I know that temples are one of the main sights around Chiang Mai, but really. How many can they cram into a city? We decided to see only a small handful of the more famous ones.

I somehow caught onto a theme: Buddha. At what point do they look around and say, “Ok. Maybe we have enough epagoges of Buddha…no wait, just one more.”

Buddhas

More Buddhas

I quickly lost recollection of which temple is which. I do have some pics below that were the highlights of the long trek.

Mom

Moms are the same through cultures and time.



Monochrome

This picture almost looks monochrome except for the gold tower.



Steps

Teak

I guess you could call this temple an an-teak...



White Temple

This is the oddly white temple. Its unusual for a temple to be all white in Asia. And with paintings of Neo from The Matrix and Speed Racers from Star Wars Episode I, its even more peculiar.



Dragon eat Dragon

In Asia, its a Dragon-eat-Dragon world...



Fog

The End

The End...

No comments: