Sunday, July 06, 2008

Monkey's Uncle...

N 18 deg 55.128
E 98 deg 54.935


Fresh

Supposedly, there are three things Chiang Mai is known for. Temples, the night market, and prostitution…er, wait, no; monkeys.
We went to the premier monkey show. Honestly, not as great as I expected. There were some caged monkeys, chained monkeys and a small show. The show was really more of a video kind of venue, so I don’t have many stills. But they had the monkeys ride a small bike and shoot basket balls.

Bike

Born to be wild...



There was one portion of the show where they placed 9 numbered squares of wood on the ground and had a monkey choose whatever number he was asked to. The monkey was 100%. I was asked to go up front, they put the numbers face down, and then I was to find the number called out. I got it wrong three times in a row. The monkey came out and found it first try. I guess I’m dumber than a primate. My dad was right about me after all.

Caged
Shaking Hands

My mom bought "Monkey Balm" from him. It's not for the product, but rather the chance to catch a disease.


Sign

Don't you hate jobs where you have to wear a "Hello, My Name Is..." tag?


Squat

I think he wanted a "private moment."

No comments: